Thursday, August 17, 2017

Frontier camels complete, KW playing with colour and proportion (still!)

 It's funny that it's often after I've cleaned up and am glancing around for final time in the fading light that I notice something that's majorly not right and have to dig out a cleaned brush and use the paint that's not yet dry on the canvas to block in the change.  Here it's to do with the width of KW's face.  Still need to bring it in more, on both left and right sides, but at least I can 'see' what I need to do now .  . . dodgy quality of second image is due to aforementioned fading light . . .

Not happy with the background colour, but will play with that when I'm fed up of fiddling with proportions.
 Strangely enough my favourite  bits of this are the extreme left and right, half a camel and a fence . . . the first which took no time at all, the second which was more complicated than a bunch of straightish lines would suggest . . .

No comments: