Wednesday, January 13, 2010

More!


Had a very productive couple of days after returning from Melbourne's heat: 6 small ones on tuesday, including a couple of 'people framed in windows' ones that I've been wanting to try for a while.  More of these to come I hope.  Yesterday I finally got to a point I'm happy with on the portrait commission and am finishing the red balloon one that I've had hanging around for ages (Louise Hearman was showing at the Ian Potter Gallery on Fed Square and her 'scary child against black ground' pics inspired me to have another go at this . . . not exactly sure what I'm going to do with the right had side of the balloon and the hands at this stage; might loosen it up a bit more and blend it into the background.  Fun to play with though now I've finished the face).  Amazing the benefits of this exhibition lark.  New things, finishing things, the works.  Really exhilirating.

No comments: