Saturday, October 24, 2009

Frames


All done. I enjoyed this one, and messed around a bit with scratching paint off (hard to see here, but that's pretty much what the hightlights are made of) which gives quite a stark kind of effect (I chickened out and softened it a bit around the edges where the light meets the dark. Started doing the scratchy thing as I didn't like how the white tended to dull down the colours (a real problem in the other dark pic I did, the self portrait, last year), and ended up finding a cool new way of mark-making (sort of cross between drawing and painting). One of the good painting days.

2 comments:

Ploughman said...

That is brilliant- and a little eerie!

lenie said...

zHi Al

I live in tThe Alice and have seen your work at a gallery in Alice ( Leaping Lizzards?) I think your paintings are amazinga and wanted to ask you if you could paint my 2 kids as a birthday present for my wife in Feb 2010.

Please contact me on 04-30203756 or willem-lenie@hotmail.com.

Cheers

Willem