Sunday, October 18, 2009

Everyone's Staring

Finished Bill this weekend, with sky in (thanks Ploughman). Had to stop getting too prissy with bits of it, though I'm still not quite sure if I might not go back to the buckles for a bit more of a fiddle (I spent a fair while working on the harness, so have lost all perspective re whether it works or not).
Clearly doing a thing with eyes at the moment (Chew's line from Blade Runner keeps asserting itself, 'I do eyes' . . . funny how that film seems to have had lines that resonate with key things/moments for me). I'd been wanting to 'different' types of portraits for a bit. I'll be working with some soon to be ex-students of mine in the next couple of weeks on a couple of ideas, but this is the first . . . playing with pictures that look like people but also might be saying something more explicit than conventionally posed portaits say. I'm back to enjoying painting darkness and shadows too with lots of colours.
So far this one has been coming along very quickly and the hands (which was the technical challenge of this one) have been quite obedient. Hoping to finish this next weekend. Thinking of calling it 'Frames'.

No comments: