Sunday, September 24, 2017

Editioning

Really not my usual weekend studio time . . . yesterday boxing and priming, today  editioning some lino reliefs I've been meaning to do for a while.  Not something I'm predisposed to be any good at at all . . . clean fingers, tidy processess, routine actions . . . hmmmmmm  . . . but I mangaged all the editions I wanted (10s) of 4 camel prints and one edition of 5 of the portrait of Kuman.  Not quite sure what I'll do with the 'not good enoughs' for the editions . . . birthday cards perhaps or collage . . .

Main thing was I actually felt like the practice with things like knowing the right consitency of the ink, knowing the right 'level' of the ink on the glass and the roller and the lino was kind of starting to make me make less mistakes.  Still working on keeping things 'clean' so a perfect print is not buggered up by Al's dodgy thumb smear . . .







Came home and got onto a bit of what is more natural, pushing paint around a bit of canvas . . . getting Chester looking like Chester and thinking about the text that will go in the background to tell the story of his travels between the three camel operations in central Australia that he's been involved with:  Ross River Resort, Frontier Camel Farm and Uluru Camel Tours.


No comments: