Saturday, July 2, 2011

three's almost done

which is just as well as I need to upload an image in a few days for the entry (having a go at a Perth based portrait comp to begin with my forays out of state).  What's left to do here?  Some highlights, bit of a play with necks/shirt collars and that's about it.  Phew.  Thought the triple portrait of the siblings was a push - duh - (three portraits take three times as long with three times three as many decisions about colour, form etc so it all works together), but three of the same person seems to have even less room for manoeuvre (could I pretend it was different people?).

And yes, reverted to the asymmetrical arrangement (another duh moment, working out if I leave space between them the awkwardness of the image overhanging the edge and butting up against another image is gone).

The lighting is a bit dodg as, joys of winter equinox, I do my last couple of hours work with the daylight flouro, so any photos are not the greatest.

Also been spending the bliss of free time/hols in setting up some online stuff:

Looking forward to messing around with some more experimental stuff now Peter's nearly there.

No comments: