Monday, July 11, 2011

portrait finishing



This one's nearly done, then one more before I let myself get back to the fire dancer (I should also really get my head back around the three small tree climber ones for Mbantua, but that might be a bridge too far: while I want some free wall space in the studio for new work, there's only so much I can/will do with a 'work' approach to what is, essentially, something that isn't work [though at the end of a long day, try telling that to my arms, back, feet, eyes, brain]).

Quite something the difference little things (mouth placement, eyelids) make to both the likeness (well yes) and the mood/attitude (from really rather miserable, to what I wanted, which was more contemplative with a bit of forbearance on the side).  I've been particularly enjoying the skin tones here, though they don't come across  very well in these pix.

No comments: