Monday, January 17, 2011

Warm days in the studio for some beginnings

When the allure of the pool and the guilt of the weeds aren't keeping me elsewhere . . .

Still working on this one, but have now started some more . . .
 The somewhat overdue wedding present . . . enjoying the light and shadow of this dusk at Glenelg and trying not to make it too cheesy . . .
 And the beginnings of a bit of a collection I think of adolescence/adolescents: I'm wanting to play around a bit with the paradox of confidence and diffidence that seems to make this age so awkward and so exciting.  I do like the opposites in portrait composition I think for these adolescent pieces, either completely 'straight up', staring out at the viewer, or almost completely hidden/looking/walking away (these I'll be playing with next I think).

3 comments:

Bevan said...

I'm so excited. although I love the arms just as they are now.

alstrangeways said...

know what you mean: there're bits of the t-shirt that I'm loathe to do anything to: maybe I'll go the way of Jonathan Yeo/Russian icons and leave the middle bits underpainted . . .

Bevan said...

i think thats a great idea. and if you dont like it you can always paint over it.