Saturday, March 6, 2010

First Painting Day for a While

And quite productive too (I had wondered if the mad sprint before the exhibition would have left me inspirationless, but it's amazing how another deadline gets, if not the juices flowing, the paintbrush moving.  I've started a few bits and pieces . . .
 
but the main work's been on the Alice Prize piece, which went from . . .

 
through . . .
 
to . . .

 
It's not finished yet (thumb is the major thing that needs work) but I'm now confident I'll get it polished off in another day (and I've got two days next weekend . . . what luxury!).  Have been casting around for a name (nothing as denotative springs to mind as it did for the other two, frames: windows and frames: curtains, so current working title is a bit more off the wall - frames: seasonal adjustment; staying with the same idea (of the way we frame what we look at also frames us) but taking it out of space and putting time element in to the framing . . . ummm . . . she has one solo and now she's talkin' all arty-farty . . . (guess it had to happen sooner or later)

No comments: