Sunday, November 2, 2008

Camels Ahoy!

Finally finished this one (the nose took me a while to get right), and so got all inspired to do some more camels. Do need to get to the Camel Farm to meet some new faces though.
Jack's back (did he ever really go away): I've a funny feeling with this pic that it'll never actualy get finished: it's too much fun slapping on the gouts of paint by hand (very regressive finger painting in actual fact), but it's amazing what can by done without brushes or palette knives (my excuse for the sheer joy of getting my hands dirty I'm sure). I splurged on some real cadmium red the other day and am being very sensible about not using it on this one . . . so being a combination of infantile and sensible: highly recommended.
Beginnings x2: now the camel nose is done I've felt a lot more inspired to start some other chaps . . . we'll see how it goes.

No comments: