Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Been a while (again)

Off on a side-track the last couple of months, but been getting back into a camel (lovely young Milkshake from Uluru Camel Tours) and a couple of dancers pix:

This is quite a bit one, so just getting the coverage of the first pass took a bit of a while:  I'd forgotten how powerful cadmium red is.  It was one of the reasons I wanted to paint this, but in this session it rather took over in my dodgy colour mixing for the skin tones; I can fix that on later layers, though. It's making me laugh a bit how Zen the kids are looking (intimations of things to come when we do mindfulness in my classes next year ???)
 This is quite a small one (on board rather than the usual canvas) so it's a challenge not to get too overly wrapped up in the details of the skirt patterns, lovely though they are.

 Enjoying the different kind of fluffy coat and multi-directional hair growth on Milkshake, and as always, the eyes.  Decided to keep the background white to emphasise the slightly quirky stance.


No comments: